BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery. It is an undergraduate program. This program is designed to introduce the concept of Ayurveda and how to use Ayurveda medicine for the treatment. BAMS course curriculum incorporates the Ayurveda science with modern medicines. Students were taught to combine both of the treatment as a part of study.
The students who are interested in Ayurvedic treatment and surgery should pursue this program. Ayurveda is one of the oldest treatments systems. It involves natural elements for treatment. Nowadays, BAMS is a demanding medical program. Some of the top educational institutes provide BAMS course admission in India. The colleges and universities offering BAMS course follow strict course curriculum prescribed by the Central Council of Indian Medicine. In this article, we will explore the BAMS course.
Quick Overview: BAMS In India
BAMS (bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery)
10+2 education with at least 50% scores achieved by the general category students. 40% for ST/SC/OBC
Physics Chemistry and Biology
Based on Entrance test
2,00,000 per year.
Government and private hospitals, Ayurvedic clinic, Nursing homes, Own clinic, educational institutes, etc.
Accepted Entrance Exam
NEET test and other state level exams.
Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery is a five and the half years long professional degree course. This course includes 4.5 years of classroom studies, and one year of Internship.
The classroom studies are divided into three parts 1.5 years each. First part taught about the introduction of Ayurveda medicine system, the second part includes the study of toxicology, pharmacology, and Ayurvedic pharmaceutical sciences. The final part taught about the modern medicine. After completing all parts of the classroom studies, the students have to complete one year Internship.
The fee structure of the course depends on the type of college. The cost of program varies by the location as well. However, you can expect a minimum of 3,00,000 per year.
BAMS Course Eligibility Criteria
To pursue BAMS course, the aspiring candidates have to satisfy the eligibility criteria set by the college and regulatory body.
- The candidates should have passed class 12th examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.
- Majority of the college prefer a minimum of 50%-60% marks scored in 12th standard examination. However, reserved category students get 10%-mark relaxation privilege. Minimum percentage criteria vary depending on the institution policy.
- Some universities have age restriction during the admission. The minimum age of the students should be 17 years, and maximum is 25 years. Additionally, the candidates are also required to pass NEET entrance test with good scores.
Candidates fulfilling the above-mentioned criteria can get admission in the best medical college or university of India.
BAMS Admission Process
Since 2017, the BAMS admission is standardized with NEET. A students must have completed 12th education for a recognized college of India. Additionally, they have qualified NEET test. NEET is compulsory for BAMS admission. The admission will be provided on the basis of NEET performance, score and rank. To be eligible for admission, students must. Have scored 50th percentile in the NEET test.
Because of the growing popularity of BAMS, students are attracting towards ayurveda medicine, and the graduates will have plenty of job opportunity in future.
Documents List For BAMS Admission
The candidates seeking BAMS admission must have following documents with them during counselling and admission process.
- The candidates must have a valid mark sheets of class 10th an 12th.
- NEET admit card and score card is also necessary.
- The medical candidates must possess school transfer certificate, medical certificate, code of conduct certificate, no criminal record, etc.
- Passport size photographs are also required.
- The candidates must have caste certificate if they belong to the reserved ST/SC/OBC category.
- They must have to show the bank statement to confirm that they are able to pay tuition fees.
More About BAMS- Scope
BAMS is a vast field, there are. so many options and competition are also high. Therefore, the students who are willing to help the mankind with their special skillset and knowledge should join this course. BAMS graduates can start their medical. Journey as an expert in Ayurvedic. They can go choose higher studies as well in Ayurveda medicine. The demand of
Ayurveda expert is high in national and international countries. You can join hospital, wellness centers, after BAMS. Doing BAMS from a reputed college will help you to refined skills and high-quality education.