Study MBBS in Bangladesh
There is 60+ universities including public and private for medical education in Bangladesh. MBBS in Bangladesh is an excellent choice for Indian students. MBBS is extremely popular course worldwide. Pursuing MBBS from Indian medical colleges is not possible for every student because of tough competition and high fee structure. Therefore, MBBS abroad is a nice option.
Many Indian medical aspirants consider Bangladesh for their medical studies. In Bangladesh, earning medical degree is not hard. Moreover, the admission process is also easy as compared to other countries. Additionally, Bangladeshi MBBS fee isn’t high priced. Let’s have a close look to MBBS course in Bangladesh.
MBBS In Bangladesh- Overview
Here we have mentioned the basic information of MBBS education in Bangladesh.
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
10+2 education with PCB subjects.
English Proficiency test
NMC and WHO
Top Medical Universities
Bangladesh Medical College, Dhaka National Medical College, etc.
Advantages Of Studying MBBS Bangladesh
Before landing on the soil of Bangladesh, here are a few advantages that you will get while pursuing MBBS from Bangladeshi university.
- The candidates who are belonging to SAARC nation can pursue medical course for free. It means you don’t have to pay any tuition fee for MBBS course.
- In top medical college of Bangladesh, 25% seats for Indian students are reserved.
- Bangladeshi universities teach students in English. Medium of communication is fully in English.
- All top medical colleges are recognized by the WHO and NMC.
- Direct admission to MBBS course in Bangladesh is available.
- Theoretical, practical, training helps to improve the skills.
- Low fee structure.
- No Entrance examination required to get admission.
- Students can do 1 year internship in the best hospitals of Nepal.
- FMGE passing percentage of Bangladesh students are higher than other countries like China, Philippines, etc.
Fees Structure of MBBS Bangladesh
The fee structure of MBBS course in Bangladeshi private medical college ranges from 25 lakhs to 40 lakhs. They don’t take donation fees for admission. The entire fee structure for MBBS is reasonable in comparison to other countries. Moreover, the price of living is also affordable.
Top Medical Colleges in Bangladesh & Fees
|S.N.||College||Established||Affiliated to||Total Fees||Details|
|1||Anwer Khan Modern Medical College, Dhaka||2008||Dhaka University||44,000 USD|
|2||Enam Medical College, Dhaka||2003||Dhaka University||40,000 USD|
|3||Jalalabad Ragib Rabeya Medical College||1992||Shahjahal University||42,950 USD|
|4||Dhaka Central International Medical, College, Dhaka||2010||Dhaka University||37,500 USD|
|5||ParkView Medical College, Sylhet||2014||Dhaka University||32,000 USD|
|6||Bangladesh Medical College, Dhaka||1986||Dhaka University||45,000 USD|
|7||North East Medical College, Sylhet||1996||Shahjahal University||41,000 USD|
|8||Sylhet Women’s Medical College, Sylhet||2006||Dhaka University||38,000 USD|
|9||Prime Medical College, Rangpur||2008||Rajshahi University||36,000 USD|
|10||Jahurul Islam Medical College, Bajitpur||1992||Dhaka University||39,000 USD|
|11||North Bengal Medical College||2000||Rajshahi University||35,000 USD|
|12||Rangpur Community Medical College, Rangpur||2008||Rajshahi University||39,950 USD|
|13||Monno Medical College, Manikganj||2011||Dhaka University||37,000 USD|
|14||Green Life Medical College, Dhaka||2009||Dhaka University||42,000 USD|
|15||ZH Shikdar Women’s Medical||1992||Dhaka University||36,000 USD|
|16||Islami Bank Medical College, Rajshahi||2003||Rajshahi University||40,000 USD|
|17||City Medical college, Dhaka||2012||Dhaka University||35,000 USD|
|18||Mainamoti Medical College, Comilla||2011||Chittagong University||38,000 USD|
|19||Universal Medical College, Dhaka||2013||Dhaka University||38,000 USD|
|20||Medical College for women & Hospital Dhaka||1992||Dhaka University||40,830 USD|
|21||Popular Medical College, Dhaka||2010||Dhaka University||45,000 USD|
|22||International Medical College, Ghazipur||2000||Dhaka University||42,000 USD|
|23||DR. Sirajul Islam Medical College, DHAKA||2011||Dhaka University||40,000 USD|
|24||Shaheed Mansur Ali Medical College , DHAKA||1994||Dhaka University||43,000 USD|
|25||US Bangla Medical College, Dhaka||2013||Dhaka University||32,000 USD|
|26||Dhaka Community Medical College, Dhaka||2008||Dhaka University||42,000 USD|
|27||Holy Family Red Cresent Medical College, Dhaka||1998||Dhaka University||50,250 USD|
|28||East West Medical College, Dhaka||2000||Dhaka University||45,000 USD|
|29||Uttara Adhunik Medical College, Dhaka||2003||Dhaka University||43,000 USD|
|30||MH Samorita Medical College||2010||Dhaka University||38,000 USD|
|31||Anwer Khan Modern Medical College, Dhaka||2008||Dhaka University||44,000 USD|
|32||Kumudini Women’s Medical College, Dhaka||2008||Dhaka University||43,000 USD|
|33||Ad-din Women’s Medical College, Dhaka||2008||Dhaka University||38,000 USD|
|34||Tairunnessa Memorial Medical, Gazipur||1998||Dhaka University||41,000 USD|
|35||Central Medical College, Comilla||2005||Chittagong University||39,000 USD|
|36||Southern Medical College||2006||Chittagong University||36,000 USD|
|37||Dhaka National Medical College, Dhaka||2009||Dhaka University||48,000 USD|
|38||IBN Sina Medical College, DHAKA||2004||Dhaka University||40,000 USD|
|39||TMSS Medical College, Bogra||2008||Rajshahi University||40,000 USD|
MBBS Eligibility Criteria In Bangladesh
The students who have scored good marks in 10+2 will get scholarship opportunity in Bangladesh. To get admission in Bangladesh, you have to fulfil the below mentioned criteria for MBBS admission.
- The students must have scored at least 60% marks in 10+2 education. The main subjects in 11th and 12th should be physics, chemistry and biology. Additionally, there should not be gap of more than 2 years after 12th education.
- All Indian medical aspirants are required to pass NEET exam with good scores.
- The minimum age of the candidates should be 17 years.
MBBS Bangladesh Admission Process
After knowing the eligibility criteria, you must want to know the admission process. Before jumping to the process, let me tell you that admission procedure is very simple, convenient, and time saving. A few steps of admission process are given below.
- The interested candidates are required to fill the application form online.
- Submit the scanned copies of required documents, such as passport, photograph, mark sheets, certificates, etc.
- Pay the application fees.
- You will get your admission letter from the university within 10 working days.
- After getting confirmation letter, you can start immigration process.
- Visit the Embassy of Bangladesh located in Delhi after getting confirmation.
- Now you will get your VISA to study in Bangladesh.
- Book your flight tickets, after reaching Bangladesh, visit your college as soon as possible to complete other process.
The list of documents that are required for MBBS admission are given right below. The students should bring all the documents in original as well as xerox copies.
- A valid passport
- Recently clicked passport size photographs (4.5* 3.5).
- 10th mark sheet and pass certificate
- 12th mark sheet and pass certificate
- NEET scorecard and Admit card
All the documents should be attested by the authority of the respective country and by the Bangladesh Mission Abroad.
Bangladesh Intake Process Information
It is important to stay updated regarding important dates while planning MBBS from Bangladesh. You can check the latest updates on the official website of the respective university or college.
- In Bangladesh, application process starts from January.
- Application windows will get closed in October.
- Course will start from November.
Duration of MBBS Program
The duration of MBBS programs in Bangladesh is 5 years. Plus, one year internship after studies is mandatory. This course includes clinical and electives. Five years academic course is divided into three parts.
- Pre-Medical Phase
- Para-Medical Phase and;
- Clinical Phase
Recognition Of MBBS Course In Bangladesh
MBBS Course offered in Bangladesh are approved by the following authorities.
- National Medical Commission
- World Health Organization
- United Nations Educational Scientific, and Cultural organization
Top Medical Universities In Bangladesh
The top medical college in Bangladesh to apply for MBBS are listed under the line.
- University of Dhaka
- Rajshahi University
- Gono University
- University of Chittagong
- Bangladesh University of Professionals
Is Bangladesh Safe For Indian Students?
Yes, Bangladesh is safe and secure for the students to live in Bangladesh. Crime rate is very low as compared to the other countries against the international students. Safety and security of the international students in Bangladesh are ensured by the respective college and the Government of Bangladesh.
Bangladesh At glance
Bangladesh is the neighboring country of India. It is located in the east side of India. The Capital of Bangladesh is Dhaka. Dhaka hosts many educational institutions, and reputed hospitals. It is one of the most populated countries. Bangladesh is a beautiful nation with so many rivers, fertile plains, lake, historical monuments, etc.
Islam is the main religion. However, Hinduism, Christianity, and Buddhism is also followed by a few numbers of people. The currency of Bangladesh is Bangladeshi taka.
Pursuing MBBS in Bangladesh is valid in India and many other countries. Hence, you can practice as a registered doctor in India after completing MBBS from. Bangladesh. The qualified students will get a degree from the university which is recognized by NMC.
If you are planning to study MBBS from Bangladeshi university or college, you have to find out the best college as per your budget and marks. The MBBS starts from October in Bangladesh. Checkout latest new frequently so that you will not miss any important update or changes made by the university or respective authorities.